Blog

Floyd Landis nails time trial at the Tour of Bahamas

Landis takes his first win of the season

Landis takes his first win of the season - Tour of the Bahamas PHOTO: John Segesta

If you read my previous post you know that Floyd Landis is participating in the Tour of the Bahamas this weekend. He just emailed me the hot news from day one of the race – the time trial.

“All that drinking is starting to pay off. I beat the course record set by Zman [David Zabriskie] two years ago and I was on somebody else’s road bike with clinchers and no aero clothes. Take that f@*#ers”

Check out the video Floyd sent of him just prior to the time trial start. UPDATE! Additional Floyd Landis videos posted below.

Related posts:

Tags: ,

22 Responses to “Floyd Landis nails time trial at the Tour of Bahamas”

1. fakeeddymerckx January 23, 2010 at 11:06 pm #

It would only be cooler if he was on a loaner “shack” bike. They are the coolest, or i just keep hearing about them all the time.

2. neilroad January 24, 2010 at 3:57 am #

• chicagobikerace January 23, 2010 at 11:02 pm #

@neilroad Change your email address, maybe he’ll stop bugging you.

• Spainjon January 23, 2010 at 11:15 pm #

@neilroad is he the Mark McGuier of road racing… Meaning Claim inocence for a few years and the come clean later? What ya think? #steroids

• DeeDee315 January 23, 2010 at 11:23 pm #

@neilroad Can’t find any results from Bahamas. Do you know of a link? Who did Floyd beat?

• neilroad January 24, 2010 at 4:30 am #

@DeeDee315 I don’t have a link to the race. If I find something i’ll post.

• jhbstache January 23, 2010 at 11:26 pm #

RT @neilroad: Floyd Landis just sent me news & vid from the Tour of the Bahamas time trial. http://neilbrowne.com/2010/01/floyd-land

• hbstache January 23, 2010 at 11:45 pm #

• MannyCaliz January 23, 2010 at 11:53 pm #

3. the dude January 24, 2010 at 11:34 am #

Everybody was on road bikes with no aero shit. Those were the rules. On the Rock program already?

• neilroad January 24, 2010 at 2:45 pm #

While that is true for this year, when Zabriskie set the record he was using aerodynamic equipment. And by the way, Landis thinks it’s clever that your screen name is “The Dude.”

4. Bob January 24, 2010 at 11:20 pm #

Meow. Cycling needs Landis!

5. azcycledad January 25, 2010 at 11:01 am #

Landis is a stick of dynomite in a pack of firecrackers. He’s so talented that that race was only for his own benefit. Winning it was probably a foregone conclusion…doing GREAT was fuel for his ego. When’s a team going to face the heat of UCI ridicule and put this guy on their roster? This year’s “TOUR” is going to be one of the greatest on record. Not having Landis in the mix is like have 11 eggs making a dozen. I want LANDIS back in the peloton!!!

6. Farmersville Slim January 25, 2010 at 12:11 pm #

Today I learnt about “raison detre”

7. Dean Snyder January 25, 2010 at 2:26 pm #

Landis is “THE MAN” and Perero is a pussy!
    I love Floyd’s style of racing and frankly world road cycling has been “duller than Chinese arithmetic” since he left the world scene.I would like to see him go after the hour record, but would also like to see him take a few parting cracks in the European circuit, Paris-Nice…Gyro come on Floyd!! Give ‘em hell Dude!!

8. Gregg January 25, 2010 at 9:13 pm #

All this does is make me love Floyd more. Fantastic quote! Thanks for the laugh!

9. Donny January 26, 2010 at 3:25 pm #

I’m just trying to say it’d be good if they’d stop fucking him over, ya know? I know what it’s like to take shit. Hey, here I can finish a sentence without being told to shut the fuck up!

10. Dragon's Back January 27, 2010 at 1:54 pm #

Sorry Floyd, but the road scene is dull – come back to your roots man! The mountain bike scene is where it’s at! Shenandoah 100, Dragon’s Tail (formerly Dragons Back), Iron Mtn. 100k, Leadville, Downieville!!!

11. Jim February 1, 2010 at 9:07 pm #

Azcycledad hit the nail on the head! None of these teams have any balls and cycling is sadly becoming like everything else …..all about the money! The pussies at the top like our own federation and the boys and WADA either never did or can’t remember what it’s like to ride a bike!

12. byron nix March 1, 2010 at 5:01 pm #

Floyd,
    just read your book, keep your head high, you have nothing to be ashamed of, and should be extremely proud of winning the tour. Screw the french! It was the only way the could keep another american off of the top of the podium.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Floyd Landis: Living the dream behind the car wash | Browne Eye Cycling Blog - February 2, 2010

[...] my last conversation with Floyd Landis his luck has turned around. With a record setting time trial victory in the Tour [...]

2. The Settlement — and More | Rant Your Head Off - February 3, 2010

[...] out one of our frequent subjects here on RYHO set a course record for the time trial at the Tour of the Bahamas, besting Dave (”Zman”) Zabriskie’s [...]